What is Kids Yoga?
Yoga is the practice of accessing and integrating all aspects of our true nature -- body, mind, and spirit -- in the pursuit of inner harmony. At Bala Shala kids yoga is designed specifically for children using the guiding principles of yoga at a level children will understand and enjoy.
Classes are non-competitive, safe, and fun so kids can focus on physical fitness, building strength in developing bodies, social skills, and relaxation techniques by encouraging partner and group work as well as breathing, posture, meditation, mindfulness, and fun games. Kids will learn to incorporate the principals of yoga into their lives forever.
The many benefits of yoga for kids are:
Physical and Mental Benefits of Kids Yoga:
- Increased Physical Strength and Flexibility
- Refines Balance and Coordination
- Develops Focus and Concentration
- Relaxation and Calmness
- Improves Quality of sleep (Amanda LoRusso "Yoga and the Science of Sleep". Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Improves Academic Performance (Darlene D’arezzo “Special Yoga for Special Kids”)
Emotional Benefits of Kids Yoga:
- Boosts Confidence and Self-esteem
- Improves Inner Strength and Body Awareness
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety (New York University study by Kristie Patten Koenigh, Ph.D.)
- A Feeling of Well-Being
- Respect for Others
Learn more on Why Yoga for Kids?